Sunday 6 February 2011

Holding out for a bargain

Sales...... you either love them or hate them. Many bargains are to be had if you have the time and the patience to sift through the jumble looking set-up.

I suppose it depends on what kind of mood I am in wether I enjoy the sales or not. I have often got great bargains from sales and in the likes of TK Maxx. Take for example, the gorgeous black Alexander McQueen dress and Moschino jacket I got from there- I was geared up and in a "hunting out the bargain" mood that day and was so delighted when I stumbled across these.

With sales, I think if you follow the number one golden rule of "if you wouldn't want to buy it at full price then don't just buy it because its reduced" you will be fine!

I have had my eye on this gorgeous skirt by ADAM and these Alexander McQueen ankle boots for a while now and although the are now both in the sale, they are still abit pricey for me so i'm holding out to see if they reduce these some more! This is a risky strategy as too often has been the case where I have not got something I loved and then by the time I went to get it it's been gone....ooops.




 I have styled my sale wishlist items above in this "summer rock" look. I've teamed the beautiful chiffon-silk skirt with a simple classic black topshop vest (the trusty faithful staple piece) and a cute Balenciaga drawstring pouch bag. The plain top lets the skirt stand out and do all the talking and the giant silver hardware detailing on the bag picks out the silver buckle detailing on the ankle boots. 

Keep you all posted on wether I cave in and order these or not before they are going, going, gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment